In working with you as an adult in individual therapy, I respect you as a unique person. I will listen deeply to you and use my training and experience to help you create a path forward. I’ll provide you with a space to be heard and understood and to help you understand yourself as we work together to help you with:
- anxiety or depression
- grief and loss
- the impacts of living with chronic pain or illness
- being the partner or caregiver of someone living with pain or illness
- your exploration of your relationships, who you are, and who you would like to grow to be
- learning techniques for relaxation and meditation
If I can be of support to you, please contact me.
Healing relationships isn’t about figuring out how to lay blame more effectively. It is, I believe, about slowing down and learning more about each of your needs as partners and as individuals in a relationship. My goal is to help you learn to listen to each other more openly and patiently by helping you more deeply understand what each of you are trying to communicate, both in your words and actions. Couples therapy might be helpful for the two of you if you and your partner are:
- repeating and not resolving arguments
- adjusting to changes in your life circumstances (e.g. a move/new job, parenting, being caregivers)
- ready to start, or restart, your relationship without falling into old, unhelpful patterns
I work with straight and LGBTQ+ couples. If I can be of support to both of you, please contact me.