A little bit about me:
- I am a long-time DC resident.
- Before I became a psychotherapist, I was a student and youth organizer focusing on social justice issues such as ending racism, sexism, heterosexism, and other forms of oppression.
- I work with adults of all ages in individual therapy, couples therapy, and in group therapy.
- I worked for 8+ years as a Grief Counselor at a hospice, and I continue to support people who are grieving.
- I am very experienced working with people living with anxiety and/or depression, with people who are caregivers (both personal and professional), with people who have experienced trauma, and with people experiencing a wide variety of life transitions.
- I also have worked extensively with people living with chronic pain and illness, including Multiple Sclerosis (MS), HIV/AIDS, Lupus, Migraines, Cancer, and musculoskeletal pain. These experiences continue to inform me as I support people who are navigating the complex feelings around their illness and pain and its impact on their lives.
- I work with people who are ready to explore some of life’s other broad issues in a caring and supportive therapeutic setting: people who are ready to inquire about themselves, their relationships, parenting, and their careers or retirement.
- I am a life-long learner who began meditating as a child. In 1993, I received my Reiki Level II training, and I continue to explore mindfulness and the mind/body/spirit connection both personally and professionally.
- I provide onsite services to organizations that want to support their employees or group members in times of crisis and/or provide wellness strategies, including mindfulness meditation workshops.
- I provide supervision to DC Licensed Graduate Social Workers (LGSW) who are working towards their full independent licensure (LICSW).
My professional trainings and certifications include:
- Master of Social Work, National Catholic School for Social Service, Catholic University
- Supervision Training Program, Washington School of Psychiatry
- Advanced Certificate, Mindfulness-Based Contemplative Psychotherapy, Nalanda Institute
- Certificate in Spirituality and Clinical Practice, National Catholic School for Social Service, Catholic University
- Certificate, Positive Neuroplasticity, Rick Hanson, PhD
- Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT) Levels 1 & 2, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) and Vancouver Island Centre for Emotionally Focused Therapy (VICEFT)
- Tuning Into Trauma: EFT, Emotion, and Culture, ICEEFT and VICEFT
- Traumatic Loss: EFT Resources for Recovery and Healing, ICEEFT and Toronto Centre for Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Advanced Clinical Practice Seminar: Spirituality and Clinical Social Work Practice, Ongoing seminar since 2006
If you think I may be able to be of support to you, please contact me.